Lighting plays a crucial role in enhancing the aesthetic appeal and functionality of kitchen cabinets. LED strip lights have gained popularity in recent years due to their energy efficiency, versatility, and ability to create stunning lighting effects.
Whether you want to illuminate your cooking space or add a touch of ambiance, these LED strip lights will transform your kitchen cabinets into a visually stunning focal point. For this reason, I have done a lot of research and then made a list of the Best led strip lights for kitchen cabinets that meet the demand of most customers these days.
Table of Contents
8 Best LED Strip Lights for Kitchen Cabinets
The right lighting can transform the look and feel of your kitchen cabinets. LED strip lights are an excellent choice when it comes to adding both functionality and style to your kitchen space. In this article, we will explore the best LED strip lights available for kitchen cabinets. So, let’s dive in!
1. WOBANE Under Cabinet led strip lights for kitchen
WOBANE under cabinet-led strip lights for the kitchen will change the way you cook in your kitchen. These cool, bright, and energy-efficient lights are designed to illuminate your kitchen cabinets and countertops.
WOBANE offers 6 PCS pre-cut LED light strips over 6 ft in length. It is perfect to upgrade bra cabinets, desks, display cases, bookshelves, closets, etc. You can connect it to plug directly or connect it via WOBANE Connector Board or Arduino kit and use it in your creative way.
With extra-long 36 inches/9.8 feet pre-cut LED light strips and three connection options (adhesive tape, bracket, and wire connector), it is a great way to easily upgrade your old cabinets or closets.
WOBANE led strip lights for kitchen cabinets to come with 17-key remote control and RF wireless dimmer. It is perfect for a kitchen, cabinet, shelf, bar, showcase and etc. The super bright LED delivers a total of 1500 lumen output with white light. Two power supply options (120V AC / 12V DC) are supported. It can be used almost anywhere as an under-cabinet side lighting, countertop light, or display case light.
Wobane led strip light under the cabinet kitchen light bar is a new type of light, it combines the advantages of both strip light and flexible led tape light. It has great features, such as a lighting area big enough to be an entire kitchen strip light. strong enough to be applied to wide situations.
No hassle installation:
Tear open the package, connect the strip to the dimmer first, then connect the dimmer to the power supply..
With IP65 waterproofing, the strip can work in high or low temperatures, or even in water.
Save money and time:
An LED strip will not only save you money but also make your life easier. No more bulb replacements, no more light fixtures.
You can use this strip for a variety of applications, such as under cabinet lighting, cabinet lighting, under counter lighting, under-shelf lighting, under closet lighting, and kitchen cabinet lighting.
High-power LEDs with and long lifespan can save 80% more energy than incandescent bulbs, lasting up to 50,000 hours.
2. LAFULIT Led Strip Lights For Kitchen Cabinets
LAFULIT led strip lights are great for lighting up kitchen cabinets, staircases, soffits, and more. They are also a very flexible and cost-effective solution. By cutting the strips to fit your length or shape, you can use them just about anywhere.
The kit includes 8 light strips and 4 connectors. You can connect up to 120 LED lights. Multiple strips can be connected to make a longer strip. It is a flexible and unlimited selection of flexible linking combinations, you can bend the strip into any shape or curve as you like, and connecting multiple strips together allows you to freely control the length of the strip required.
At 4 feet long and 22 inches in height, these strips of LED lights are the perfect width to fit under many standard kitchen cabinets. Each strip measures 1.4″ wide with 8 SMD LEDs on each strip for a total of 72 LEDs per set. Use the remote control or dimmer that comes with the strips to change 6 different levels of brightness for any occasion.
LAFULIT led strip lights for kitchen cabinets will add a burst of color and light to all your kitchen cabinets.RF remote has turned on/off, 6 levels of brightness, 2 light modes, and 5 timing off option functions, the mini dimmer can control on/off and brightness. You have complete control over the mood of your kitchen when you add these lights to your countertops or cabinets.
No wiring required, plug and play, easy to install. Fit for cabinet, table, etc.
Environmental, and energy-saving:
No bulb, no need to change the light, low power consumption, less heat, more energy-saving, and environmental protection than traditional lighting methods, such as fluorescent and incandescent bulbs.
The lifespan of the whole light is over 30,000 hours, more than 30 times of fluorescent and incandescent bulbs, 3 times longer than LED lights.
No switches needed, no dimmer needed, flexible to control the lighting and adjust the brightness by RF remote and by on/off switch.
Applicable to the kitchen cabinet, bedroom, living room, toilet, study room, etc.
3. GPED Kitchen Cabinets Led Strip Lights
GPED Kitchen Cabinets Led Strip Lights come with six 60 LEDs/meter strips that are 1.66 feet long and five cable holders plus ten connectors that can connect the strip lights as a whole to make them longer. You can also cut it into three segments to make it shorter. Large led crystal clear laminate light provides even lighting similar to an incandescent bulb.
GPED Under Cabinet Led Strip Lights Kitchen is ideal for any type of kitchen. Your family will love the LED night light bar. You can use it as a 10 LED, 20 LED, or 30 LED night light bar at the push of a button.
It’s a very special experience, created by GPED. It can change into 20 kinds of brightness and color modes (including RGB&single color) in real-time. You also can add any songs to the mood. Don’t worry about stumbling around the room at night as you can use the remote control to turn the bright light bar on / off.
GPED led strip lights for kitchen cabinets are a great solution to save costs. It can be stuck on the surface of any firm or flat surface. This stunning strip light is not only functional but also easy to use. Just clean up the surface that it will adhere to, stick it, and power it up. No additional step is needed except inserting batteries when needed.
Turn any kitchen surface into a soft, color-changing nightlight or wake-up light with the GPED Kitchen Cabinets LED Strip Lights. Choose from five colors, or set it to auto mode for a sunrise simulation that’s gentle on the eyes and helps your body naturally wake up in the morning. The light is equipped with adhesive pads that make it easy to install.
Versatile and flexible :
Creates high-quality, optimized content for Facebook ads, Google Ads, SEO, or Lead generation emails in just seconds.
Save your precious time:
Save hours with a simple click of a button that writes world-class copy in seconds. It’s never been easier to create high-quality, engaging content with such low effort, money, and time spent.
Flexible and bendable:
Easy to install in cabinets, under kitchen cabinets and furniture, car, boat, motorcycle, etc.
Perfect cooling system:
5050 RGB LED lights operate at a temperature below 35°C (95°F) in normal operation.
Long life span:
50,000 hours rating, the highest rating of any LED strip light.
only 1.2mm in thickness.
4. MY BEAUTY LIGHT Led Light Strips For Under Kitchen Cabinets
My Beauty Light Led Light Strips For Under Kitchen Cabinets will be your amazing choice, it is not just beautiful, but protect your eyes. It has 5M length and it can be cut into 16M to meet different requirements.
Specially designed for cabinets and lighting up dark areas, this light strip has 56 warm white LEDs with a bright warm light like the sun’s natural glow. The high brightness is also energy efficient to lower energy consumption, which means you’ll have easy time-saving energy and money when you use these lights.
MY BEAUTY LIGHT is a type of light, which is applied by foam adhesive tape. The special design of foam tape makes it more elastic and sticky. One strip with two sides of lights can be simply peeled off from the backing, cut to fit the gap where light is needed, stuck, and flip over, connecting the power cords, then they will all be connected and turned on at once.
MY BEAUTY LIGHT connector is easy to use, no soldering is needed. The connector can take 3 led lights into one, High efficiency, Rapid heat dissipation, Long lifespan. This is a new and innovative idea in DIY decorations for the purpose of adding light to dark places (below cabinets, behind posters, etc
This led strip light, as a new and eco-friendly light source, can save about 80% more electricity for you than incandescent light.
Safe and easy to install:
This LED light strip comes with a pre-cut 3M tape on the back, which makes the installation super easy, no need to drill holes and mess up your walls
Touchable and Flexible:
This led strip light with memory function and touchable feature, makes the strip lights more user-friendly and flexible to use on any surface
This LED light strip is certificated by SGS, with high color rendering feature(Ra≥70), which will make us see goods clearly to better protect eyes.
This LED light strip is designed with a slim and elegant profile, which is ideal for any occasion, whether it be for your car, bike, motorcycle, home, kitchen, laundry, cabinet, closet, room, bathroom, mirror, exhibition, party, and so on.
5. LE WiFi Smart LED Strip Tape Light for Kitchen
LE WiFi smart LED strip lights for the kitchen offer the ultimate LED strip control experience with easy installation and voice control. Available in 3 sizes to cover your perfect space, each length comes integrated with a wifi module and power supply, plug and play. LE smart LED strip light is the easiest way to add life and style to your home.
Each smart led strip comes with an app. You can install the smartphone app on your mobile phone according to this instruction. Then, you can set up and control the RGB color-changing lighting effect of the smart led strip via your smartphone.
The maximum length of one smart led strip is 32ft/10m, depending on the thickness of the wall it is fixed on. Also, do not forget that for installation you need a little knowledge about electricity and tools to help you with the fixing process.
The Wifi LED strip light can have IR induction control and works with Siri, Alexa, Google Home, etc. They are perfect for whatever kind of need you have whether it’s to create a romantic environment or to give your home an element of surprise. They can also be used in kitchens, bedrooms, and bathrooms to highlight high-traffic decor.
Brighten your kitchen and add a colorful accent to any room with this WiFi LED strip light. Use the companion app to select from millions of colors and set timers/alerts that trigger when your lights should turn on or off. No need for a smart hub or in-wall connection, just plug the LED light into your wall outlet, download the app and you are good to go.
Control your lights with your voice.
Extend your lights to a maximum length of 64.8 feet.
Sync lights to music:
Add any music to your lights and make the lights change to the rhythm.
Themes: Mix and match your lights with multiple themes and Create your own themes with the Theme Editor.
Versatile light strips:
You can use this LED strip light in the kitchen to illuminate the countertop or use it to highlight your bookshelf.
Low power consumption:
This LED strip light consumes 36 watts of power but with a brightness of 1,500 lumens. It’s comparable to a 75W incandescent light bulb.
Energy-efficient: This LED strip light is energy-efficient, and will save you money on your electricity bill.
More Recommended Led Lights For Kitchen Cabinets
6. BLACK+DECKER Under Cabinet Lighting For Kitchen
A simple and smart solution for your kitchen lighting needs, the PureOptics LED Under Cabinet Lighting Kit features adjustable white light to complement any look with 9″ bars that offer wide flicker-free light zones. The touch-free motion sensor helps keep hands clean while providing convenient hands-free operation.
This Alexa-enabled under-cabinet light kit will transform your kitchen with the ability to control power, dimming, night mode, and adjustable white light. The motion sensor makes it touch-free so you can use it without having to come in contact with the light itself.
Control your lighting from anywhere in the room. The PureOptics LED under cabinet lighting can illuminate kitchens, living rooms, offices, and more. Simply use voice commands through Alexa or the app to power on/off, dim, set light modes, and more. Flexible design lets you create a split or continuous run of light, or link up to 24 bars for a longer strip.
Controls your under-cabinet LED lights, allowing you to illuminate your kitchen by simply waving at the motion sensor or with the Alexa app. Features adjustable white light and a night mode to suit your everyday needs. The certified human experience ensures that this smart lighting product is worry-free & frustrating-free out of the box.
- Adjustable white light, choose from 6,000 to 18,000 Kelvin (daylight to soft white)
- Link up to 6 bars in a split or continuous configuration
- Motion sensor keeps hands clean to reduce the spread of germs
- Create custom light modes, pair them with other smart devices, and automate tasks
- Use voice command or the Alexa app to control power, dimming, night mode, and adjustable white light
- Ultra-thin 9″ light bar illuminates wide, flicker-free light zones up to 36″ with adjustable white light
7. UltraPro Slim LED Strip Under Cabinet Light
The UltraPro Slim LED Strip Under Cabinet Light is a durable, dependable, money-saving alternative to traditional fluorescent under cabinet lights. With a low-profile design and bright, even illumination, it is a great choice for providing additional light in any workspace. Linkable fixtures provide further customization options and are quick and easy to set up with everything included right in the box.
The 36″ fixture comes equipped with a 5ft. power cord with a flat plug and an 18″ linking cord. For optimal illumination, choose between high or low settings depending on your needs. Constructed from durable materials including engineered lenses and painted steel housing, the UltraPro LED strip light is built to last through years of use.
The UltraPro 36-inch Linkable Strip Light gives the option to customize your home lighting setup. The slim design and included flat plugin power cord make this light ideal for under cabinets and small spaces. This light also gives you customization with the HIGH/OFF/LOW switch giving you control over the brightness with the flick of a switch.
- Bright, adjustable brightness control
- Control brightness with the switch right on the light
- Slim design – slim, flat plug makes it easy to reach down to the wall outlet or under the cabinet
- Linkable – link up to 30 fixtures to one power supply
- Long-lasting – built to last and designed in the USA
8. GE Lighting Under Cabinet Light Fixture
Brighten up your space with the Enbrighten 24-Inch LED Light Fixture. This in-wall dimmer compatible fixture is powered by direct wire and shines at 991 lumens, perfect for kitchens, offices, garages, barns, basements, and workshops. Long-life energy-efficient LED means no bulbs to replace, ever.
The fixture has an on/off switch built into the housing for convenient lighting control. The fully diffused light means no hot spots. The high-quality steel housing also makes this a durable fixture that is made to last.
The Enbrighten 24 Inch LED Light Fixture is powered via direct wire and produces high-powered, natural white light with 2,600 lumens of output and a long life standard with 50,000 hours of operation. With no bulbs to replace, the LED integrated light fixture saves money on operating costs and maintenance. This fixture is a direct-wire solution, installation by a professional electrician is recommended.
The Enbrighten Direct Wire LED Under Cabinet light features bright, white-light LEDs, with a high color rendering index that makes anything in the kitchen look great. Its clean, contoured steel housing and frosted lens complement any decor.
With the flip of a switch, activate the single fan-cooled 18-watt module that produces 1,000 lumens – enough light to ensure your kitchen is well-lit. This product is UL listed with a lifetime. Fully assembled and ready to install right from the box, hardware and instructions are included.
- The perfect kitchen counter light fixture for any kitchen.
- No hot spots, high-powered and super energy efficient.
- A quality constructed light fixture that is a fully-assembled direct wire solution.
- A built-in on/off switch means you can easily control the light wherever you need it.
- The diffused light makes a great finishing touch on a work area or makes a great light source for a workbench.
Why LED Strip Lights for Kitchen Cabinets?
LED strip lights have gained immense popularity for various lighting applications, including kitchen cabinets. Here’s why they are the preferred choice:
- Versatility: LED strip lights come in various lengths, colors, and brightness levels, allowing you to customize the lighting according to your preferences and kitchen decor.
- Energy Efficiency: LED technology is highly energy-efficient, consuming less power compared to traditional lighting options. This translates to reduced energy bills and a more eco-friendly kitchen.
- Long Lifespan: LED strip lights have an impressive lifespan, often lasting up to 50,000 hours or more. This means you won’t have to worry about frequent replacements or maintenance.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: LED strips are flexible and easy to install, making them ideal for accentuating different areas of your kitchen cabinets. They can be cut or extended to fit any cabinet size or shape.
- Enhanced Ambiance: LED strip lights create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your kitchen. They offer a soft and even illumination, making it easier to work in the kitchen while providing an aesthetic appeal.
Key Considerations for Choosing LED Strip Lights
When selecting LED strip lights for your kitchen cabinets, keep the following factors in mind:
- Brightness Levels: Determine the desired brightness level based on your kitchen’s lighting needs. Consider whether you want subtle accent lighting or brighter task lighting.
- Color Temperature: LED strip lights come in different color temperatures, ranging from warm white to cool white. Choose a color temperature that complements the overall kitchen ambiance and color scheme.
- Waterproof Rating: If your kitchen is prone to moisture or splashes, opt for waterproof LED strip lights. This ensures their durability and prevents any damage due to water exposure.
- Dimming and Control Options: Look for LED strip lights that offer dimming capabilities and convenient control options, such as remote controls or smartphone integration. This allows you to adjust the lighting intensity as per your preference.
How do you install LED strip lights in a kitchen?
To install LED strip lights on your kitchen cabinets, follow these steps:
- Measure and Plan: Measure the length of your cabinets to determine the required length of LED strip lights. Plan the placement and consider any corners or obstacles.
- Clean the Surface: Ensure the surface of your cabinets is clean and free from dust or grease. This ensures better adhesion of the LED strip lights.
- Peel Off the Backing: Remove the adhesive backing from the LED strip lights and carefully position them along the underside of your cabinets. Apply firm pressure to ensure a secure bond.
- Connect Power Source: Depending on the LED strip lights, connect them to a power source using the provided connectors or follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Test and Adjust: Turn on the lights and check for proper functioning. Adjust the position if needed to achieve the desired lighting effect.
How do you use LED strip lights under kitchen cabinets?
Using LED strip lights under kitchen cabinets is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Measure and Plan: Measure the length of the cabinets where you want to install the LED strip lights. This will help you determine the required length of the light strips.
- Clean the Surface: Before installation, ensure that the surface underneath the cabinets is clean and free from any dust, grease, or debris. Wipe it down using a mild cleaning solution and a soft cloth.
- Peel off the Adhesive Backing: LED strip lights usually come with adhesive backing. Carefully peel off the protective covering to expose the adhesive side of the strip.
- Stick the LED Strips: Position the LED strip lights along the underside of the cabinets, ensuring that the adhesive side is in contact with the cabinet surface. Start from one end and slowly press the strip firmly along the length of the cabinet. Make sure it adheres securely.
- Connect the Power Supply: LED strip lights require a power supply to function. Depending on the specific model, connect the strip lights to the power supply using the provided connectors or follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Test the Lights: Once the installation is complete, plug in the power supply and turn on the LED strip lights to test them. Ensure that they are functioning properly and providing the desired lighting effect.
- Optional: Add a Dimmer or Control System: If desired, you can enhance the functionality of your LED strip lights by installing a dimmer switch or control system. This allows you to adjust the brightness and create different lighting moods in your kitchen.
Where should under cabinet light strips be placed?
Under cabinet light strips should be placed along the underside of the cabinets to provide task lighting and accentuate the countertops. Here are some key placement considerations:
- Positioning: Install the light strips towards the front edge of the cabinet’s underside. This ensures that the light is directed onto the countertop surface, minimizing shadows and providing optimal illumination for tasks.
- Coverage: Position the light strips evenly along the length of the cabinets to achieve uniform lighting. Aim for consistent brightness across the countertop area.
- Avoiding Glare: Angle the light strips slightly downward to prevent direct glare. This ensures comfortable and efficient lighting without causing eye strain or reflections.
- Seamless Appearance: Hide the light strips from direct view by placing them towards the front or back edge of the cabinet’s underside. This creates a seamless and clean aesthetic while maximizing the lighting effect.
- Consider Cabinet Features: If your cabinets have open shelving or glass doors, position the light strips in a way that highlights these features. This adds depth and visual interest to your kitchen.
Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use the adhesive backing or mounting brackets provided to secure the light strips in place. Careful positioning of the under-cabinet light strips will enhance the functionality and aesthetics of your kitchen.
What is the best color for under cabinet lighting?
The best color for under cabinet lighting depends on the overall ambiance and style of your kitchen. Here are a few popular color options to consider:
- Warm White: Warm white LED lights emit a soft and cozy glow, similar to traditional incandescent bulbs. They create a welcoming atmosphere in the kitchen and complement warmer color schemes.
- Cool White: Cool white LED lights provide crisp and bright illumination. They are ideal for modern and contemporary kitchens with cooler color palettes. Cool white lights offer a clean and fresh look.
- Natural White: Natural white LED lights fall between warm white and cool white. They offer a balanced and neutral lighting tone, suitable for a wide range of kitchen styles and color schemes.
Ultimately, the best color for under cabinet lighting depends on your personal preference and the desired ambiance you want to achieve in your kitchen. It’s a good idea to test different color options before making a final decision to see which one complements your kitchen’s aesthetics the best.
Enhance the beauty and functionality of your kitchen cabinets with LED strip lights. The versatility, energy efficiency, and customizable features of these lights make them an excellent choice for any kitchen. Choose the right LED strip lights based on your preferences and the ambiance you want to create in your kitchen. With proper installation, maintenance, and care, your kitchen will shine brightly for years to come.
You can also read related posts:
- Is Green Light Good For Sleep?
- Best Led Rope Lights For Bedroom
- Most Relaxing Light Color For Sleep
- Best USB Led Light Strip With Remote
- Led Vs Fluorescent Tube Comparison Chart
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cut the LED strip lights to fit my cabinets?
Yes, most LED strip lights are cuttable at designated intervals. Ensure you follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for proper cutting.
Can I install LED strip lights on the exterior of my kitchen cabinets?
Yes, LED strip lights can be installed on the exterior as well, providing a stylish and modern look to your kitchen.
Are LED strip lights safe to use in the kitchen?
LED strip lights are safe to use in the kitchen as they produce less heat compared to traditional lighting options. However, ensure you choose waterproof lights for areas prone to moisture.
How long do LED strip lights last?
LED strip lights have a long lifespan, often lasting up to 50,000 hours or more, depending on the quality and usage.